US Vice President Vance answered questions from journalists about the Iranian agenda at a press conference at the White House.
Assessing the current situation after President Trump rejected Iran's latest proposal, Vance stated that he should put forward a proposal confirming that Iran will not have nuclear weapons.
Noting that negotiations with Iranian officials are still ongoing, the US vice president said: “This morning I spoke on the phone with (Trump's son-in-law) Jared Kushner and (Trump's special representative) Steve Witkoff, as well as some of our friends in the Arab world. I think we are making progress. The main question is whether we have made enough progress to meet the president's red line.” he said.
JD Vance stated that the red lines were very clear: “The president must ensure that we put in place a series of safeguards so that Iran will never have a nuclear weapon.” gave his assessment.
Vance noted that some progress had been made in the Islamabad talks, saying that while there had been subsequent progress, Tehran had still not reached the point it wanted on the nuclear weapons issue.
In his latest statement, US President Trump declared that the ceasefire with Iran “is at its weakest moment” and is “on life support.”
A ceasefire came into force on April 8th under the mediation of Pakistan and was later extended by US President Trump without a specific time limit.
Iran on Sunday sent Pakistan its response to the US proposal to end the war, but Trump called the proposal “totally unacceptable” and “stupid.”

Bir yanıt yazın