In his post on his social media account, Volodymyr Zelensky assessed Putin's decision to declare a ceasefire in Ukraine on the occasion of Orthodox Easter from April 11 at 4:00 p.m. local time until the end of April 12.
Recalling that they had previously proposed a ceasefire to Russia for the Easter holidays, Zelensky said: “Ukraine has repeatedly stated that it is ready to take countermeasures. We have proposed a ceasefire for the Easter holidays this year and will act accordingly.” He added his statements.
Zelenski noted that this ceasefire could be an opportunity not to continue the conflict, saying: “People need an Easter without threats, where there is real progress towards peace and Russia has a chance not to resort to attacks again after Easter.” he commented.
Putin declared a temporary ceasefire in Ukraine
The statement from the Kremlin Palace said that Russian President Vladimir Putin had decided on a ceasefire in Ukraine.
The statement said: “By decision of the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Armed Forces, a ceasefire was declared on the occasion of Orthodox Easter from April 11 at 4:00 p.m. local time until the end of April 12. Russian Defense Minister Andrey Belousov and Chief of General Staff Valeriy Gerasimov were instructed to stop military actions in all directions during this period.” Statements were recorded.
The statement emphasized that Russian troops should be prepared for possible provocations and aggressive actions in this process and shared the hope that Ukraine would respect the ceasefire.

Bir yanıt yazın